[dm-devel] Changes to readsector0

Konrad Rzeszutek konrad at virtualiron.com
Tue Jul 8 14:00:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 08:41:48AM -0400, Romanowski, John (OFT) wrote:
> Hi,
>  I use readsector0, moving to SLES10 SP2 soon  and am interested in your
> problem description.

The manpage for SLES10 SP2 multipath.conf mentions this:

" path_checker     The default method used to determine the paths’ state. Possible values are

                        directio    Read the first sector with direct I/O.

						.... snip ..

                        readsector0 (Deprecated) Read the first sector of the device.

                        Default value is directio. Using readsector0 as
                        path_checker is deprecated as it’s reported to not work correctly on certain devices.
"

So you should be able to replace 'readsector0' with 'directio' in your multipath.conf file.