From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com <dm-devel-bounces redhat com>
To: dm-devel redhat com <dm-devel redhat com>
Sent: Mon Jul 28 13:54:52 2008
Subject: [dm-devel] Strange DM issue on boot

EL 5.2
Hitachi AMS1000 array
Qlogic HBA (qla2xxx driver)

I am seeing a strange issue when rebooting a server connected to the AMS1000 disk array. If I have a mount point defined in /etc/fstab that points to a mulitpathe device I receive the following error:

error calling out /sbin/mpath_prio_hds_modular 8:32

That error would seem to indicate a path failure, but if I remove the entry from /etc/fstab and reboot I am able to mount the device from the command line. I have tried to include the qlogic driver in the initrd, but that did help in any way. Are the dm-multipath drivers loading at the incorrect time? Has anyone ever encountered this before?

Regards,

Sajesh