Senior Systems Administrator
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024

(O) (212) 313-7263
(C) (917) 577-9195
(E) ssingh amnh org

Benjamin Marzinski wrote:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:51:42PM -0400, Sajesh Singh wrote:

Whenever I run the multipath -v3 command on a EL 5 server I see the
following line in the output for each device.

sdc: not found in pathvec

This simply means that the device is not already stored in multipath's
in memory list of discovered paths. It's completely normal to see this
for your all your devices when running the multipath command.

-Ben

That being said, when does the device make it into the memory list of discovered paths ?

I have seen questions on this before, but no answer as to what this means.
Is the message merely information or does the multipath configuration need
to be changed?

Regards,

Sajesh