[dm-devel] /dev/dm-? and /dev/mapper/

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask ...

I use kernel 2.6.22 and debian etch.

If I create a vg and some volumes in it I get the

/dev/dm-?

and

/dev/mapper/<vg>-<lv>

devices nodes.

If I try to mount the filesystem via label, sometimes /dev/dm-? and
sometimes /dev/mapper/<vg>-<lv> gets mounted.

That is the cause of some later errors in my setup.

The question is: how can I get rid of the dm-? (e.g. they should not
be created at all) oder how do I the mount to stick to
the /dev/mapper/... files?

TIA,
--
Wilhelm