[dm-devel] Re: two paths remain failed on DS6800 after code upgrade

It seems I solved the problem removing the disks and then adding them, with the commands:

for sdc
remove:
echo "1" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/device/target
0:0:1/0:0:1:0/delete

To reregister the disk with the kernel used the command:
echo "
0 1 0" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan

for sdd
remove:
echo "1" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/device/target
0:0:1/0:0:1:1/delete

To reregister the disk with the kernel used the command:
echo "
0 1 1" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan

In general
deregister
echo "1" > /sys/class/scsi_host/hostH/device/target
H:B:T/H:B:T:L/delete
To reregister the disk with the kernel:
echo "
B T L" > /sys/class/scsi_host/hostH/scan

Device name persistence not granted. In my case
sdc --> sdi
sdd --> sdd

All operations were transparent and with no downtime.
I also removed other disks and then readded (also during I/O using them) and I have to say that multipath seems very robust.
Thanks to the developers.
HIH for others.
Still I don't understand why  it was before unable to reinstate the path.
Gianluca