[dm-devel] Question about 'dmsetup remove' and dtr of target_type

Hi,

I suppose "dmsetup remove' will invoke dtr of target_type to remove the device.

However, I use "dmsetup remove" hundreds times, as the debug info, but it never enter the dtr function I defined.

Anybody have idea on this? Or how to dig into that to discover the reason? Thanks.

To be of more details, I have cache_target as below.
static struct target_type cache_target = {
        .dtr    = cache_dtr,
};
I add debug info into cache_dtr, it show it never enter into cache_dtr when I "dmsetup remove".

Thanks again,
Alan