[dm-devel] bdev lost its queue

We conducted a bunch tests where we used various ways to forcefully disconnect or temporarily disable DASD disks from an IBM System z machine. In the course we ran into a kernel panic in dm_table_unplug_all() (dm-table.c), specifically at

    struct request_queue *q = bdev_get_queue(dd->bdev);
    blk_unplug(q);

since the queue of the bdev was NULL.
Did anyone see a crash in this place before? And are there other disk drivers to can set their queue to NULL due to unplugging/outages or similar?

Best regards,
Stefan

--
Linux on System z
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter