[dm-devel] dm mirror with failed device

malahal at us.ibm.com malahal at us.ibm.com
Sun Sep 7 15:57:32 UTC 2008

If I remember, anything older than 2.6.25 can't handle errors in
dm-mirror. The I/O errors you saw were from your block device driver and
not from your dm-mirror. DM-mirror module itself is unaware of anything
to your iSCSI device! At least this is the expected behaviour if your
kernel is not patched, and that seems to be the case with your kernel. I
don't use Ubuntu! You may have a better luck with 2.6.26 or 27.

RHEL kernels are patched so handle these errors correctly!

--Malahal.