[dm-devel] Barrier support in device mapper

Hi Alasdair

What are plans in supporting barriers in device mapper?

Sometime back Andi Kleen posted a patch[1] to support barriers for single-
device dm-devices.

Recently Milan Broz posted an RFC patch-set[2] to implement full-barrier
support.

Are we going to get full-barrier support soon? If not, I would like to see
Andi's patch being merged till we get full barrier support ready. I would like
to know your thoughts.

Thanks
Nikanth Karthikesan
SUSE Labs