[dm-devel] multipath-tools libmultipath/configure.c libmu ...

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Tue Sep 30 09:22:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 01:05:04PM -0500, Benjamin Marzinski wrote:

> > Responding to my own mail, I did got the source with the patches from the
> > cvs.  But, the resizing does not work for with with mounted volumes.  There
> > are 4 paths for the volume, so there is no probably with it failing paths.
> > I get "domap(0) failure for create/reload map" when I run multipath -v 3.
> >
> > I can get dm to reconize the new size if the volume is umounted.  But, I
> > really would like it to work while it is mounted.
> >

> It should work for mounted volumes.  Did you try
> multipathd -k"resize map <mapname>"
>
> Since this requires suspending without the no_flush option, I didn't
> want to have it happen on a normal reload, and since without the kernel
> fixes, this required removing and then readding paths, I did it through
> multipathd.
>
> So just running multipath -v3 after a path resize won't work. In fact, I
> think it might leave the devices in the suspended state, since the
> resume fails.

Hi!

I just tried this but I'm having problems getting it to work..

# multipathd -k"resize map mpath-resize-test"
fail

The underlying SCSI devices have been online resized already, and verified
from dmesg and from /proc/partitions to be bigger.

I'm running rhel5 kernel with scsi online resize patches (2.6.18-93.el5.bz444964.2)
and dm-multipath testing packages with support for online resizing
(device-mapper-multipath-0.4.7-19.el5.i386.rpm).

Any ideas?

-- Pasi