Re: [dm-devel] DM-MP, Xen 5.0.0 and NetApp

Rodrigo Nascimento wrote:
Hi All,
I'm having problems to put the Multipathing tools to work correctly with NetApp Cluster Solution. I have a xenpool with 3 machines the multipathing are enabled on them, the HBA are Qlogic, two FAS3140 controllers in Cluster. I created a lun to be a storage repository (SR), the lun is visible and was recognized on the 3 machines, but when we say to the XenServer to build a SR with this Lun, all I/O operations arrive to the FAS3140 by the non-optimized path. *XenServer multipath.conf* defaults {
        user_friendly_names no
}
devices {
        device {
                vendor                  "NETAPP"
                product                 "LUN"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                getuid_callout          "/sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/%n"
                prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_netapp /dev/%n"
                features                "1 queue_if_no_path"
                path_checker            directio
                failback                immediate
        }
}
We made two tests, one with prio_callout as /sbin/mpath_prio_alua and other with prio_callout as /sbin/mpath_prio_netapp, both returns the same results.

What's the output of 'multipath -ll'?
Looks like all paths are configured into one group here.

Cheers,

Hannes
hare suse de			      +49 911 74053 688
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)