[dm-devel] FS directly on top of dm devices?

We recently had an engineer from a large storage vendor suggest that we make our file systems directly onto the multipathed devices without first creating underlying partitions or using LVM. Having not run with this method in production before, we would like to gather as much information as possible first. Initial searches for documentation on this method has produced few results, short of a Suse/Novell document from 2005 under section 4:

http://support.novell.com/techcenter/sdb/en/2005/04/sles_multipathing.html

Does anyone have any experience with this or can point us to more documentation. thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks,

--

Scott A Dungan