[dm-devel] Sun StorageTek 2530 and dm?

Chandra Seetharaman sekharan at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 24 23:11:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:58 -0400, Charlie Brady wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Jakov Sosic wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:44:34 -0700
> > Chandra Seetharaman <sekharan at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ok.. simple words; That patch won't help you.
> >
> > hm :( so defining "SUN" "LCMS100_S" won't help? Although in
> > scsi_dh_rdac only "SUN" "LCMS100_F" is defined. And that stands for
> > Fiber, while mine is SAS cabling...
>
> Chandra says that the patch won't help you. Perhaps he can clarify. My
> understanding is that if you configure multipath to use RDAC that the
> driver does have to be patched so that the RDAC handler will be used. I
> did find that to be the case with the StorageTek 2510 "LCMS100_I").

I didn't mean that scsi_dh_rdac module won't help him. It would.

His device is being handled by the scsi_dh_rdac module once he added the
stanza to /etc/multipath.conf file.

But, the problem he is seeing is different and adding this device to the
devlist in scsi_dh_rdac wouldn't solve his problem.

Hope it is clear now.