[dm-devel] Re: New kernel shared snapshots

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 14:31:29 UTC 2009

Thanks for the recent repost (18-Aug-2009) of your patches at:
http://people.redhat.com/mpatocka/patches/kernel/new-snapshot/devel

The interface seems to be in-line with what we want.  I noticed that
you can't have dm-snapshot and dm-multisnapshot loaded in the kernel
at the same time (kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache
dm_snap_tracked_chunk -- in the module init function).  You will also
want to run your patches through 'linux/scripts/checkpatch.pl'.  It
mostly gets angry about the 80 characters / line breakage, but there
is some other things it catches.

  brassow