Re: [dm-devel] Sun StorageTek 2530 and dm?

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009, Jakov Sosic wrote:

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:05:36 +0200
Jakov Sosic <jakov sosic srce hr> wrote:

Hi!

I have StorageTek 2530 storage, which has two controllers. On host
side I have LSI LOGIC two SAS port cards. I've connected one cable
from LSI port1 to StorageTek ControllerA, and second SAS cable from
LSI port2 to StorageTek ControllerB.

OK. I've solved it - it seems that Linux host type in initiator
configuration is not turning on AVT on controllers. Instead, I had to
choose "Solaris (with Veritas DMP or other)", and now everything works!

Thank you, and hope this helps to others too.

I know that other people here will know more detail, but I think you have another alternative which might be superior.

Instead of changing the initiator configuration to use AVT, you should tune the device mapper to use RDAC.

To do that, I think you will need to adjust both the multipathd configuration and recompile the scsi_dh_rdac kernel module after adding support for "SUN"/"LCSM100_S".

Here's the RDAC multipath.conf I am using with a StorageTek 2510:

http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/323661-multipathd-configuration-sun-storagetek-2510-a.html