[dm-devel] shared snapshots

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 23:58:21 UTC 2009

On Feb 6, 2009, at 1:18 AM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:17:29 -0600
> Jonathan Brassow <jbrassow at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 3, 2009, at 12:48 AM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>>
>>> But surely supporting the shared implementation(s) on the top of the
>>> existing snapshot code needs more refactoring. Jonathan, have you
>>> already started to work on it?
>>
>> I have a couple pending patches that I haven't sent to the list yet.
>> I'm hoping to get back to exception store API patches in a week or
>> two.  In the mean time, the current exception store API patches are
>> ready for review.  The additions to facilitate shared exception
>> stores
>> will go on top of that patch set.
>
> Can you post the pending patches to the mailing list or put on a web
> site, please?

Guess I needed the whole two weeks, but I just posted the next wave of
patches to the list.  I have to go back to some other work again next
week, but I'm hoping to have time to dig into the "shared" exception
store code to help you guys integrate into the given structure.  If
not next week, then the week after.  :(

  brassow