From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Bryn M. Reeves
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:45 AM
To: device-mapper development
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] Multipath setup and rdac questions

Moger, Babu wrote:
> Like Bryn said, you cannot have both MPP and device mapper together. MPP will be the first one to load. So it will claim all the devices.
>
> I have modified your multipath.conf file. Please try this one below.
>
> devices {
>   device {
>                 vendor                  "DELL"
>                 product                 "MD3000i"

Are these actually correct? The -ll output the OP posted seemed to
indicate his settings were being completely ignored (which usually
suggests a vendor/product mismatch).

It would be good to get all the correct vendor/product details for the
3000 models included upstream at some point so that users don't need
to add their own device blocks.

Regards,
Bryn.