[dm-devel] Multipath setup and rdac questions

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 19:13:15 UTC 2009

Christian Røsnes wrote:

>>               vendor                  "DGC"
>>               product                 "*"
>>
>> I suspect from the output below that you want:
>>
>>               vendor                  "DELL"
>>               product                 "DELL,MD Virtual Disk"
>>

> Here's what I see for the MD3000i:
>
> # cat /sys/block/sdb/device/vendor
> DELL
> # cat /sys/block/sdb/device/model
> MD Virtual Disk
>
> Thank you
> Christian

That's what I thought based on the output you posted earlier. You need
to put this in multipath.conf instead of the values you currently have
("DELL"/"MD3000i" which are not correct for this hardware) but you
also need to resolve the issue of whether you want to use
device-mapper or MPP multipathing - the /etc/multipath.conf file is
only used by the device-mapper multipath tools.

Regards,
Bryn.