[dm-devel] Suse sles10 SP1 -> SP2 update question

Charlie Sharkey charlie.sharkey at bustech.com
Tue Jan 6 20:56:59 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question or not.
If not, please let me know.

After updating my Suse Sles10 SP1 system  (2.6.16.46-0.12-smp) with the
kernel rpm from SP2 (2.6.16.60-0.21-smp) devices that mounted (by label)
are mounting as non multipathed devices. For example, a device that
previously
mounted as:  /dev/dm-5  now mounts as:  /dev/sdj1

The devices mount ok, they're just not mounting as multipathed devices.
If I reboot, there is about a one in five chance that they will mount
ok.

I have tried updating the rpms that I thought might be needed by the new
kernel, but
haven't been able to correct the problem. I've updated the following
rpms:

    util-linux, util-linux-crypto, scsi, multipath-tools, device-mapper,
udev, lvm2

Are there other dependencies that the device mapper needs for mounting ?

Thank you,

charlie