[dm-devel] Suse sles10 SP1 -> SP2 update question

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question or not.
If not, please let me know.

After updating my Suse Sles10 SP1 system  (2.6.16.46-0.12-smp) with the
kernel rpm from SP2 (2.6.16.60-0.21-smp) devices that mounted (by label)
are mounting as non multipathed devices. For example, a device that previously
mounted as:  /dev/dm-5  now mounts as:  /dev/sdj1

The devices mount ok, they're just not mounting as multipathed devices.
If I reboot, there is about a one in five chance that they will mount ok.

I have tried updating the rpms that I thought might be needed by the new kernel, but
haven't been able to correct the problem. I've updated the following rpms:

    util-linux, util-linux-crypto, scsi, multipath-tools, device-mapper, udev, lvm2

Are there other dependencies that the device mapper needs for mounting ?

Thank you,

charlie