[dm-devel] /dev/sdaa /dev/sdab ... not recognized as valid paths?

Hi,

I do present 8 luns to the cluster. For each lun there are 4 ways through the
SAN that can be used. Therefore I have devices like /dev/sdaa /dev/sdab and
so on. The output of multipath -ll shows some disks with 4 paths, some with
three, some only with two. In the output of multipath -ll only disks with
three letters are shown e.g. /dev/sda.
when I run e.g. /sbin/scsi_id -g -u -s /block/sdaa, then it outputs one of the
configured ID's that I already have in /etc/multipath.conf.

How can I add these disks to the multipath failover?

I'm on SLES10 sp2.

regards
Sebastian