[dm-devel] Could device-mapper offer multi-tier storage?

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Mon Jan 19 15:28:22 UTC 2009

I wonder how much Heinz's replicator code could work with this...

Heinz et al have a "remote replicator" target that 'logs' requests to
a local device and then pushes them to remote devices.  I could
imagine the log device being the fast device, and the remote devices
being the slow devices.

So, I'm not sure how much overlap there is here, but it's something to
think about.

  brassow