Re: [dm-devel] dm-snapshot transient data

I don't think many people (anyone?) uses the transient exception store for that very reason.

The future merge operation *could* allow you to at least merge any changes into the origin before you delete the snapshot, but I'm not sure anyone will pay attention to that exception store.

Since you are writing data to the COW anyway, you might as well write the metadata information too (use persistent exception store).

 brassow