[dm-devel] mechanism for multipath to pass information to hardware handler

Eddie Williams Eddie.Williams at steeleye.com
Wed Jun 24 17:14:41 UTC 2009

I notice in scsi_dh_emc.c that there is a comment:

TODO: need some interface so we can set trespass values

I don't see where any such interface has been developed or even any
discussion on the different mailing lists to create such an interface.
Did I miss something?

As it stands now there is no way that I can see to have the emc hardware
handler support the "honor trespass" feature short of recompiling the
module forcing the flag to be set.  This leaves a feature that worked in
earlier versions of multipath not working now.

Eddie