[dm-devel] configure MD3000 episode 2

Thomas Witzel witzel.thomas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 00:54:27 UTC 2009

I have a Dell NX1950 with a MD3000 running ubuntu server 8.04 . With
the help of this list I managed to configure the RAID etc. However
there is one remaining problem. udev doesn't seem to recognize this
setup. After every reboot I have to manually create the /dev/dm-*
devices with mknod and run kpartx to make the partitions show up. Can
someone please hint to me where I get the appropriate udev scripts ?
Ubuntu does have dmapper and multipath related scripts in the udev
directory, but they don't seem to be working for me.

Thank you so much,
Thomas Witzel