[dm-devel] commit 6d2a78e783416ba99e36beb1d4395b785b34e867 avoids dm integrity support

Martin K. Petersen martin.petersen at oracle.com
Mon Mar 30 18:39:04 UTC 2009

>>>>> "Kiyoshi" == Kiyoshi Ueda <k-ueda at ct.jp.nec.com> writes:

Kiyoshi> I found this commit (6d2a78e783416ba99e36beb1d4395b785b34e867)
Kiyoshi> in the recent Linus's git makes every block device share single
Kiyoshi> mempool for integrity cloning.

Yeah, until this patch went in I had the integrity stuff hanging off of
the bio_set to avoid the deadlocks you mention.  When this issue came up
a few weeks ago Jens suggested the changes in the commit above:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=123662652229483

I just talked to him and we're going to back this patch for now.  Short
term I guess we'll have to settle for a separate pool in the bio_set for
integrity vectors.