[dm-devel] dm-multipath and multipathd verbose mode or debug mode

Janec, Jozef jozef.janec at hp.com
Fri Nov 27 13:18:43 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I have some issues on my server. And I need get more information from multupath and device mapper about all operation . Is possible enable some debug mode?

I have one vg with two EVA luns, and 4 luns on this VG

Is possible that the multipath cam mix the ids?

For example:
PV1 = LUN1
PV2 = LUN2

PV1 = MPATHA = LUN2
PV2 = MPATHB = LUN1

The problem is when I have multipath enabled lvm can see lvols from those two luns but the fs on the luns don't exists and when the multipath is disabled the fs on the lvols is ok?

Or when the boot.multipath is started the FS is mounted without problem
But when the server is done with booting (after the multipatd daemon) the fs is not more accesible. Is possible that multipathd daemon cad so something what will mix some information that the fs is not available after this  for os? Can activate the paths across?

Best regards

Jozef