[dm-devel] Re: IO scheduler based IO controller V10

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:40:20 EDT, Vivek Goyal said:

> In that case, Corrado's suggestion of refining it further and disabling idling
> for seeky process only on non-rotational media (SSD and hardware RAID), makes
> sense to me.

Umm... I got petabytes of hardware RAID across the hall that very definitely
*is* rotating.  Did you mean "SSD and disk systems with big honking caches
that cover up the rotation"?  Because "RAID" and "big honking caches" are
not *quite* the same thing, and I can just see that corner case coming out
to bite somebody on the ass...