Re: [dm-devel] [RFC] training mpath to discern between SCSI errors

Hello.

Hannes Reinecke wrote:

Actually, I think we have two separate issues here:
1) The need of having more detailed I/O errors even in the fs layer. This
   we've already discussed at the LSF, consensus here is to allow other
   errors than just 'EIO'.
   Instead of Mike's approach I would rather use existing error codes here;
   this will make the transition somewhat easier.
   Initially I would propose to return 'ENOLINK' for a transport failure,
   'EIO' for a non-retryable failure on the target, and 'ENODEV' for a
   retryable failure on the target.

Are you sure it's not vice versa: EIO for retryable and ENODEV for non-retryable failures. ENODEV looks more like permanent condition to me.

WBR, Sergei