[dm-devel] hunt for 2.6.37 dm-crypt+ext4 corruption? (was: Re: dm-crypt barrier support is effective)

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Dec 5 10:09:54 UTC 2010

On 05.12.2010, Matt wrote:

> I should have made it clear that the results I get are observed when
> using the kernels/checkouts *with* the dm-crypt multi-cpu patch,
> without the patch I didn't see that kind of problems (hardlocks, files
> missing, etc.)

I have to take back my other two emails, stating that no corruption
happened with the dm-crypt multi-cpu patch. Today, I encountered
filesystem corruption on one, and a complete hardlock on another machine.
No logfile entries, no m-sysrq, a complete deadlock. Filesystem was
corrupted here too, had to reboot from CD.

The machines with plain 2.6.37-rc4 are up and running...