[dm-devel] mpath_ctl syntax

Am I correct in assuming that mpath_ctl can remove a single path from an multipath device that consists of four paths?

If so, would someone let me know what the syntax is or where I can find documentation for mpath_ctl?   I've tried multiple permutations of what mpath_ctl says it wants when run with no arguments without luck.

I've tried

mpath_ctl remove map dm-110
mpath_ctl remove map mpath71
mpath_ctl remove path sdz

as well as others

If this is not the correct forum would you please point me in the correct direction?

Thanks.