[dm-devel] Manual failback commands

Christophe Varoqui christophe.varoqui at opensvc.com
Wed Feb 3 16:59:02 UTC 2010

On mer., 2010-02-03 at 08:49 -0800, Scott Dungan wrote:
> > On mar., 2010-02-02 at 16:39 -0800, Scott Dungan wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all.
> >>
> >> If we set a device to manual failback, how does one command the
> >> multipathd service to reinstate the path when we have decided the path
> >> is indeed ready to accept IO?
> >>

> > paths are automatically reinstated by multipathd.
> >
> > The 'failback' parameter means the original path_group is not
> > re-activated after a switch-over to a secondary path_group.
> >
> > You can force multipathd to not reinstate a path using the CLI (or
> > pro-actively disable it).
> >
> Thanks for the clarification. I think I understand this better now.
> Would it be possible to post CLI example(s) of reinstating or disabling
> a path? I cannot seem to find such an example in documentation or other
> available resources.

The cli has a syntax help message, accessed using 'help' or whatever
unknown keyword.

The relevant commands are:
 reinstate path $path
 fail path $path

which wrap 1/ the dm messaging to fail/resinstate a path and 2/
disable/enable the specified path checking in multipathd

--
cvaroqui,
http://www.opensvc.com