Re: [dm-devel] Online disk size change and Linux

Daniel Olops <daniel olops eti br> wrote:
>    Sorry if this is off-topic... but if anyone could help, it'd be good.
>
>    Is Linux (more specifically Red Hat EL 5.4) able to recognize _disk_ size
>    changes online? We have some HP servers with QLogic HBAs connected to an
>    EVA 4000 Storage, with multipathing properly set up. These disks can be
>    resized online, but only after a reboot that RHEL recognizes the change.
>    I've been trying to find any information about it, but to no avail.

The steps listed at the urls below are manual steps to resize. Do the
steps listed at either of the urls below address your needs?

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.4/html/DM_Multipath/MPIO_admin-troubleshoot.html#online_device_resize

http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/html/Online_Storage_Reconfiguration_Guide/index.html

-andmike
--