Re: [dm-devel] Online disk size change and Linux

The first link Mike sent did the trick. BTW, great docs, I'll read it later.

Thanks for all for helping!

Regards,

Daniel

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik iki fi> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 01:42:37PM -0200, Daniel Olops wrote:
>    Sorry if this is off-topic... but if anyone could help, it'd be good.
>
>    Is Linux (more specifically Red Hat EL 5.4) able to recognize _disk_ size
>    changes online? We have some HP servers with QLogic HBAs connected to an
>    EVA 4000 Storage, with multipathing properly set up. These disks can be
>    resized online, but only after a reboot that RHEL recognizes the change.
>    I've been trying to find any information about it, but to no avail.

I've done iSCSI LUN online resizing using Equallogic storage arrays.

See: http://pasik.reaktio.net/rhel5-online-iscsi-resize-test.txt

-- Pasi