[dm-devel] Is ksnapd superfluous?

Hello, everyone!

Looking at drivers/md/dm-snap.c, it seems to me that ksnapd (introduced in 2006 with commit ca3a931fd33b841cbcc5932f8eac7c43e0909242) does not actually do anything. It gets created, flushed, and destroyed, but no work ever gets cued. Looking at the file's history, it also looks like it has never been used in the past.

Am I getting this wrong? Should I prepare a patch that removes ksnapd or would that be wasted work? (Not that it would be all that much work...)

Thanks for reading!
- Philipp Kohlbecher

Please CC me--I am not subscribed to the list.