[dm-devel] Problem using dm-ioband

Hi, all,

I am trying to use dm-ioband to control the per process IO bandwidth. I had some problems create the ioband device mapper on my disk. The following is the system info

OS: CentOS kernel 2.6.32.15
dm-ioand: v1.14.0

I followed the dm-ioand installation instructions to create ioband1:

echo "0 $(blockdev --getsize /dev/sdb) ioband /dev/sdb 1 0 0 none weight 0:100" | dmsetup create ioband1

There was an error: device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
I umounted the partition first, still got the same error.

One thing I want to mention is that, /dev/sdb is a device from a iSCSI protocol from a storage server.
Does it matter?

I also tried to create ioband1 on local partitions, same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.