From: dm-devel-bounces redhat com [mailto:dm-devel-bounces redhat com]
On Behalf Of guy keren
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 4:15 PM
To: device-mapper development
Subject: Re: [dm-devel] max number of paths

Charlie Sharkey wrote:
Is there a maximum number of paths supported by the device mapper ?

I have a setup with 12 paths to 14 luns. I had to reduce the number of
paths
to 10 for the device mapper to startup correctly.

i have seen such problems with linux kernel 2.4, long ago, when max SCSI

disk devices was 256 (and hence - also max paths for such devices).

if you're not using SCSI, but rather some other type of device - it could be a limitation of the specific low level driver.

which kernel are you using? and which linux distribution? and what kind of block devices do your disks reside on?

--guy