[dm-devel] dm-cache module

Olivier B. dm.list at daevel.fr
Sun Mar 21 10:35:02 UTC 2010

On 21/03/2010 04:37, Mike Snitzer wrote:
> Such a DM target would be quite useful to have upstream given how
> prevalent SSDs have become.

I'm totally agree with that.

> Just curious: where have you gotten this insight about dm-cache being
> stable and used in production?  That should help dm-cache's cause if it
> is submitted for review.

Well I wrote to Ming before post here, and found comments about the
module in the project OpenFiler which seem to integrate it :
https://forums.openfiler.com/viewtopic.php?id=3595

> Writeback support is arguably the most useful aspect of a caching DM
> target so emphasis must be placed on its review/implementation.  Using
> SSD as a persistent writeback cache should afford us much more fault
> tolerance in the face of system crashes during writeback to the slower
> media.

Yes it's also for the writeback feature I'm interested.

I don't think be enough skilled to help for update the code, but maybe I
can do some tests.

Thanks,
Olivier