[dm-devel] cmwq and dm-crypt devices?

Andi Kleen andi at firstfloor.org
Wed Nov 3 12:33:47 UTC 2010

> Async crypto is not solved at all by your patch.

You mean async crypto with 10 stacked devices? Find me a single
user who does that.

Traditionally stacking didn't work very
well in the kernel due to the limited kernel stack overflows.
I don't think that's significantly different here.

Anyways stacking could be probably fixed, but it's also that 99.999999%
of all dm-crypt users don't stack or use async but simply need a
scalable dm-crypt.  Extreme stacking is extremly low on the
priority list.

Right now dm-crypt seems to have other problems anyways that need
to be addressed first.

-Andi
--
ak at linux.intel.com -- Speaking for myself only.