Re: [dm-devel] RFC: multipath IO multiplex

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 05:32:03AM -0400, Neil Brown wrote:
>  Might it make sense to configure a range of the device where writes always
>  went down all paths?  That would seem to fit with your problem description
>  and might be easiest??

Indeed - a persistent property of the device (even another interface with a
different minor number) not the I/O.

And what is the nature of the data being written, given that I/O to one path
might get delayed and arrive long after it was sent, overwriting data
sent later.  Successful stale writes will always be recognised as such
by readers - how?

Alasdair