[dm-devel] [RESUBMIT][Patch] scsi_dh_rdac: retry IO for 06/3f/03 in rdac_check_sense fn

Mike Christie michaelc at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 26 19:18:54 UTC 2010

On 10/26/2010 08:53 AM, Chauhan, Vijay wrote:
> Resubmitting this patch to get the attention.
>
> This patch adds retry for the IO returned with 06/3f/03((INQUIRY_DATA_CHANGED)) sense code  in rdac_check_sense(). IO returned with 06/3f/03 from controller are currently failed by scsi mid layer, as a reason momentarily path failure is noticed by DM multipath.

Is it getting failed by accident? In scsi_io_completion we check for UAs
and will retry if the removable bit is not set. That check is after
scsi_end_request though (is the scsi_end_request call failing the IO).

Did you guys also want REPORTED_LUNS_DATA_HAS_CHANGED to be retried too.
I think scsi_dh_alua's REPORTED_LUNS_DATA_HAS_CHANGED maybe should be
genericly retried, because it seems for both errors we will want to
retry for all devices.