Re: [dm-devel] [linux-lvm] do not disable ext4 discards on first discard failure? [was: Re: dm snapshot: ignore discards issued to the snapshot-origin target]

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 06:01:18PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> If you are saying that a target should return EOPNOTSUPP when it does not support the operation, then we are in violent agreement.   :)

Naturally, with the definition you used in the first post.
(I.e. if the target does *anything* with it, you do not get that error, even
if it did not process it completely.)

Alasdair