Re: [dm-devel] Compiling/linking applications using libdevmapper

Dne 12.12.2011 20:10, Yathindra napsal(a):
Hi,

I'm actually doing a make and make install in the LVM source code directory so
I can compile and link my application using -ldevmapper.

I'm wondering if this is the only way (correct way) to build applications
using libdevmapper ?

If you want to build only device mapper part from lvm2 src tarball you may use:

make device-mapper

or just directly:

make install_device-mapper

(though there seems to be a minor issue with the install target which might need some cosmetic cleanup - but it should install correctly everything you need)

Zdenek