[dm-devel] Compiling/linking applications using libdevmapper

Zdenek Kabelac zkabelac at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 10:44:58 UTC 2011

Dne 12.12.2011 20:10, Yathindra napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'm actually doing a make and make install in the LVM source code directory so
> I can compile and link my application using -ldevmapper.
>
> I'm wondering if this is the only way (correct way) to build applications
> using libdevmapper ?

If you want to build only device mapper part from lvm2 src tarball you may use:

make device-mapper

or just directly:

make install_device-mapper

(though there seems to be a minor issue with the install target which might
need some cosmetic cleanup - but it should install correctly everything you need)

Zdenek