Re: [dm-devel] Possible severe bug in the device mapper?

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 10:30 +0100, Andreas Heinlein wrote:
> I will continue looking for help, can you point me in some direction?
> 'losetup' is part of util-linux, but I doubt this has actually
> anything
> to do withit. The loopback device code itself is part of the kernel,
> right?

Yes, you should try and find someone who admits to being the loopback
device maintainer and try and have a chat with them.  Also it would be
interesting to know how OpenSuse are doing a better job of handling
this.  For instance is it a userland solution or have they changed
something in kernel?

- Joe