Re: [dm-devel] mirrored device with thousand of mappingtableentries

Dne 28.2.2011 14:13, Eli Malul napsal(a):

> OK, I will try that and check the implications of that, thanks!!
>
> But, do you know why having 10,000 extents is causing this overwhelming
> memory usage?

If you really need that many devices - be also sure
you have disabled this kernel config option:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INTEGRITY

For some reason it consumes massive amount of memory.
Other than that - you should count with  64KB per device usually.

Zdenek