[dm-devel] clustered snapshots status, LVM on shared storage without CLVM?

Nikola Ciprich extmaillist at linuxbox.cz
Mon Feb 28 21:28:44 UTC 2011

Hello,
I'd like to ask, what is the current status of cluster locking patches?
I'm especially interested in clustered snapshots, is there some
estimate on when I could be suitable for testing and possibly
closer to production?
I'd like to use DMLoop on my clustered storage (as well as snapshots
in general), but with CLVM it's not really possible.
If the time is not close yet, my second question is - is it
dangerous to use LVM on top of shared storage without using CLVM?
If I'll take care to not run lvm commands from more then one node?
I'll be gratefull for any reply from more more experienced users
in this area.
thanks a lot in advance!
with best regards
nik