Re: [dm-devel] hunt for 2.6.37 dm-crypt+ext4 corruption?

On 05.12.2010, Milan Broz wrote:

> It still seems to like dmcrypt with its parallel processing is just
> trigger to another bug in 37-rc.

To come back to this: my 3 systems (XFS filesystem) running the latest
dm-crypt-scale-to-multiple-cpus patch from Andi Kleen/Milan Broz have
not showed a single problem since 2.6.37-rc6 and above. No corruption any
longer, no freezes, nothing. The patch applies cleanly to 2.6.37, too,
and runs just fine.

I blindly guess that my data corruption problem was related to something else in the
2.6.37-rc series up to -rc4/5.

Since this patch is a significant improvement: any chance that it finally gets
merged into mainline/stable?