[dm-devel] dm-crypt TRIM support

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Wed Jul 13 11:30:58 UTC 2011

Jeff Cook <jeff at deserettechnology.com> on Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:47:14
-0600:
> Thank you for the update. I would really like TRIM support on my
> dm-crypt SSD and I'm not worried about the revelations that may be
> discernible regarding trimmed space, etc.

I second that. I think TRIM on dm-crypt brings enough security for most
people (including me). It's a lot worse to not use dm-crypt to get TRIM
support. And trashing your SSD is not a good choice either.

Would it have to be configurable? If anybody does not want TRIM it
would still be possible to disable it by mounting filesystems with '-o
nodiscard'.
--
Schoene Gruesse
Chris