[dm-devel] Dell MD3200 - sd: Current: sense key: Illegal Request ASC=0x94 ASCQ=0x1ASC=0x94 ASCQ=0x1

Charles Slivkoff slivkoff at cmu.edu
Wed Mar 2 18:52:23 UTC 2011

Hello Babu. Thanks for responding.

> You said "The array is split into 2 virtual disk, each
> assigned to one of the RAID controllers". Did you mean you
> redistributed the two luns(one is owned by controller A and one by
> controller B)?

Yes. I have assigned 1 LUN to each of the controllers.

> It appears that your luns are moving back and forth between two
> controllers.. You can try setting failback to manual(failback
> manual).  This is not a solution but to understand the problem.

I changed to "failback manual" in /etc/multipath.conf and rebooted. I'm
not sure if the reboot was necessary or not. This does not appear to
have changed the behavior.

> Are you seeing "MODE_SELECT" messages in the logs..  Can you paste
> snippet of log messages..

There are no "MODE_SELECT" messages in syslog. Would these be appearing
elsewhere? The syslog from the last reboot up until I started receiving
the "Illegal Request" messages is available here http://tinypaste.com/f7f413

-Charles