[dm-devel] Huge memory allocation

Eli Malul eli.malul at kaminario.com
Thu Mar 3 08:58:51 UTC 2011

I would like to accelerate read IO performance for user data which
resides on one machine (with low IO performance due to slow media) and
might be scattered on many different extents by mirroring these extents
to another machine with much better IO performance and direct read
requests to that machine (I already added a patch to the dm-raid1.c to
set preferred read capability).

Any suggestions would be appreciated...