[dm-devel] [Lsf] Preliminary Agenda and Activities for LSF

Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com Shyam_Iyer at Dell.com
Tue Mar 29 17:20:57 UTC 2011

A few others that I think may span across I/O, Block fs..layers.

1) Dm-thinp target vs File system thin profile vs block map based thin/trim profile. Facilitate I/O throttling for thin/trimmable storage. Online and Offline profil.
2) Interfaces for SCSI, Ethernet/*transport configuration parameters floating around in sysfs, procfs. Architecting guidelines for accepting patches for hybrid devices.
3) DM snapshot vs FS snapshots vs H/W snapshots. There is room for all and they have to help each other
4) B/W control - VM->DM->Block->Ethernet->Switch->Storage. Pick your subsystem and there are many non-cooperating B/W control constructs in each subsystem.

-Shyam